Clinic & Clinician
Don't Fear The Low Brass
What to know about the low brass? They are our friend - not our enemy. We will discuss many aspects of low brass repair and how they may be different than their higher register cousins.
Topics to include: Cleaning, slides, dent removal, valves, patching, play conditions, overhauling and relacquering. Bring your low brass problems and solutions as well.
began work in the instrument repair industry in 1986, sweeping floors for Larry Minick. In 1992, he began an apprenticeship with Rex Bullock and in 1994, he opened his own repair shop. While maintaining his own shop, he worked with Bob Malone (pre-Yamaha) doing assembly and finish work. In 2004 he also served as a warranty repair person for Boosey and Hawkes. He headed up the Jupiter Design Team in 2008 and developed the Quantum Marching Line, 1600i Trumpet, Flugelhorn and Euphonium.
In 2013, he joined Eastman Music Company in Product Development and Quality Improvement Manager, where he is now developing their low brass and French horn lines.
He still owns and maintains his shop, Sawday and Holmes Music, in Long Beach, CA.
- Price: $25.00
- Time Zone: Central
- Clinic Length: 90 minutes
- Limited to 100 registrations.
- Registration deadline is Midnight, Wednesday, June 10, 2020 (Central Time)
- After your registration has been processed, you will receive another email with the following:
- Connection information with the link and password
- Instructions on downloading the Handout
- A link for filling out the CEU Form
- Zoom will be the software used for this clinic: https://zoom.us/
- IMPORTANT Make sure to sign in with your name as it appears on the registration form so we can verify your registration. Sign in at least 15 minutes before the clinic starts. This will allow enough time to verify your account information.